Monday, March 12, 2012

Marvellous Melbourne....

Yesterday we headed in to Moomba.
What can I say "we had a great day"!
The weather was great, the crowds were manageable ( pays to go in early) and lots for the little people to see do and experience.
 I know I'm biased to the crafty side of life but we ventured over to Art Play. 
That was a great idea!!
They had free workshops making pom poms.
I thought yeah a bit of fun for the kids but wow they had these fantstic plastic gadgets to make pom poms ( I'm probably behind the times I still make them with the cardboard donut shape!!).
They were really easy to use for Bear (5yo DS) and Moo (3yo DD) and a lot quicker. I even spotted the man of the house busily making the one abandoned by Moo!!
The blue and yellow was the work of Bear and he was very pleased with this. I made the pink and white using white wool and cut up strips of pink tulle. Lots of good ideas.

They were also making the lovely tissue paper flowers

Photos dont do them justice.

All in all a lovely way to end a fun family day!!

What new gadgets or shortcuts have you discovered?



3 comments:

  1. they are so cute! did you buy the plastic thingy?? would love to know how you made those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately they didnt sell the pom pom makers but I'm now on the lookout for some!! None at Spotlight today so will keep looking. Flowers much easier than they look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... just lovely ... the sunshine was glorious & I love the pom poms ... rah rah!!

    ReplyDelete